Trip to South Africa

Friday, July 14, 2006

Arrived Friday July 14th!

After a 2 hour layover and changing planes in Dubai, we arrived 7 hours later in Johannesburg, South Africa, 4pm SA time.

Surprise, surprise! Eniola is there at the airport with my parents to meet us, I didn't expect to see her for a little bit, but I dig my baby sister and I was going to get to spend a few days with her. Cool.

We drove to the Sandton Tudor Travel Lodge about 20 minutes away in Sandton, SA. We paired up in cabins and then ventured out for a bite to eat.

Okay one comment about the weather.. COLD! Yo, I broke out my fleece (great advice Ruth and was okay, but wow, I was told, but didn't expect it to really be this freezing.

We ate that night at a restaurant called the Godfather. Great food! Prawns, octopus, squid and our favorite drinks.. they had my favorite beer! Wow, nice people, a very mixed crowd.. Good first night.